Healthcare Innovation Alliance

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Healthcare Innovation Alliance

Post by Steve Adler »

Dear Colleagues,

At a breakfast event on March 8, many healthcare organizations and leaders will launching a new project called the Health Innovation Alliance. They want our support, so I am writing together with Council Members Kitchen and Reteria to ask if you would like to join this effort, participate in the kick-off event, and then consider offering a resolution of support.

In Austin, momentum toward technological innovations in healthcare has been growing. Many of the groups working on this initially asked the Mayor’s office to convene leaders across the healthcare industry to discuss ways new digital technologies and other innovations can make people in Austin healthier, create good jobs, and reduce healthcare costs by sharing digital health data. And by convening these leaders, we could showcase a new brand for Austin as a leader in healthcare innovation.

Please let me know if this is something you would like to do. Together, we can challenge the Health Innovation Alliance to create new and better ways of taking care of us and our most vulnerable neighbors. In the process, I think we can create new commercial opportunities and a more equitable Austin.

Yours,
Steve
Mayor
Steve Adler

Re: Healthcare Innovation Alliance

Post by Steve Adler »

We accidentally omitted Mayor Pro Tem Tovo's name, but she is helping as well.
Mayor