Letter to US Fish & Wildlife RE: SH45

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
John Michael Cortez

Letter to US Fish & Wildlife RE: SH45

Post by John Michael Cortez »

Council Members,

In December 2014, Travis County Judge Biscoe sent a letter to the US Fish and Wildlife Service requesting guidance on the SH45 Southwest project and Balcones Canyonlands Conservation Plan. A copy of that letter can be found here: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 170427.pdf

Mayor Adler received requests from members of the environmental community to send a similar letter. A draft of the letter is available here: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 170523.doc

The Mayor intends to send the letter tomorrow, but wanted your offices to be aware and afforded the opportunity to express any concerns. Many thanks – jmvc
Chief of Staff
Office of the Mayor
Don Zimmerman

Re: Letter to US Fish & Wildlife RE: SH45

Post by Don Zimmerman »

Dear Mayor Adler:

I do have concerns, on behalf of District 6 residents and others deeply concerned with traffic congestion, about the contents of this letter and I'm requesting that this letter be forwarded to the Open Space, Environment & Sustainability (OSES) Committee for review and public comments.

I believe this is a very important matter and needs to be considered by the OSES Committee before being considered by the full council.

Thank you for consulting us.
Don
Don Zimmerman
Council Member District 6 (northwest Austin)
Leslie Pool

Re: Letter to US Fish & Wildlife RE: SH45

Post by Leslie Pool »

Mayor, thanks for providing the opportunity to respond. I support your sending the letter and recognize the substance of the letter describes the status of the situation as it stands and requests guidance from our federal partner. This is entirely in keeping with our responsibilities as the Council. Thanks for doing this.

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7