Mediated Agreement: Bull Creek Rd Coalition & ARG Bull Creek

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Leslie Pool

Mediated Agreement: Bull Creek Rd Coalition & ARG Bull Creek

Post by Leslie Pool »

Colleagues, I wanted to share with you documents pertaining to the mediated agreement between the neighbors and the developer; so far I have summaries from both parties and they're provided here, below. I will post the mediated agreement as soon as I get it. These documents differ only in their introductory comments.
BCRC :: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 150316.pdf
ARG :: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 151117.pdf

Thank you.

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Sheri Gallo

Re: Mediated Agreement: Bull Creek Rd Coalition & ARG Bull C

Post by Sheri Gallo »

Good Afternoon,

Thank you Council Member Pool for sharing the current summaries from the BCRC and ARG regarding the mediated agreement both parties have reached.

ARG has known from the very beginning that I would not support their proposal for The Grove at Shoal Creek unless they could get closer to what the neighborhood felt was appropriate for the site. I applaud the willingness of the neighborhoods and the developer to work together to resolve their differences in a positive way. I am pleased that the mediated agreement includes reducing the commercial development, increasing the amount of affordable housing, eliminating the proposed Jackson Avenue extension and reducing traffic and additional parkland.

In preparation of tomorrow’s Special Called Council Meeting, I wanted to make you aware that I will be bringing forward amendments that reflect the details of the mediated agreement. My office is currently working with City Staff to make sure the objectives of the agreement are properly included in my amendments so we can make sure the mediated agreement is incorporated in its entirety to the draft PUD ordinance language.

The main highlights of the mediated agreement between the BCRC and ARG are listed below (these are the same highlights summarized in both the BCRC and ARG documents that are linked in the post above). My amendments will included these items and the additional finer details that are included in the mediated agreement.

ENTITLEMENTS AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING
• Retention of the 1,515 residential unit entitlement with a 25% increase in the number of on-site affordable for-sale and rental units and support for alternative City funding in place of impact fee waivers to help in providing that additional affordable housing. The 650 apartment unit cap will be removed to promote these increases.
• A reduction of 25,000 square feet in office and 10,000 square feet in retail entitlements for a new cap of 185,000 square feet of office and 140,000 square feet of retail. The single retail tenant cap is reduced to 35,000 square feet and the allowable cocktail lounge (bar) entitlements are reduced by 33% to 10,000 square feet maximum.
• Greater restrictions on development within 75 feet of Bull Creek Road adjacent to the Oakmont Heights neighborhood including a 25 feet setback, maximum 35 feet height, two attached units maximum, and other associated development standards.

TRAFFIC AND SAFETY
• The Jackson Avenue connection to 45th Street through two existing homes is eliminated.
• An approximately 1,000 trip reduction in the total unadjusted trip cap.
• A total of approximately $1.3 million in neighborhood traffic mitigation and safety improvements including sidewalks, traffic circles, speed tables, and enhanced crosswalks for Shoalmont, Oakmont Heights, Ridgelea, Highland Park West, and adjacent areas funded through cost-sharing between ARG and the City and constructed at cost by ARG. The exact scope of the improvements will be determined after feasibility analysis and consultation with the City.

DRAINAGE
• An independent technical review of The Grove's drainage system will be completed by an engineer selected by mutual agreement of the Ridgelea Neighborhood Association and ARG to certify no adverse drainage impact to downstream properties.
• A 10 foot drainage easement will be reserved along the shared property line between The Grove and Idlewild.
• ARG places $50,000 in escrow for a Ridgelea Neighborhood Association escrow fund if needed for future claims related to drainage from The Grove.

PARKLAND AND NOISE
• Total credited parkland increases to 14.48 acres.
• A PARD-approved parkland management agreement that includes a management committee with two neighborhood representatives (1 resident in surrounding neighborhoods and 1 resident in the future Grove neighborhood) and provisions related to amendments of the annual programming plan.
• Outdoor amplified noise cut-off at 9 PM Su-Th, 9:30 F-Sat, for commercial and parkland uses in the PUD.

Thank you,
Sheri
Sheri Gallo, Council Member District 10
Sheri Gallo

Post by Sheri Gallo »

Good Evening,

I would like to clarify that tomorrow my motion will be to approve the mediated agreement that has been agreed to by both the BCRC and ARG. I do not plan to bring any amendments that would change the BCRC and ARG mediated agreement.

Thank you,
Sheri
Sheri Gallo, Council Member District 10
Louisa Brinsmade

Post by Louisa Brinsmade »

Mayor and Council:

Please see the link below for the ARG Bull Creek and BCRC Council Amendment Motion Sheet that was sent to Mayor and Council this morning from ARG and BCRC. This document is for today's Special Called Meeting on The Grove at Shoal Creek.

Thank you.

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 091233.pdf

Louisa Brinsmade
Chief of Staff
Office of Mayor Pro Tem Leslie Pool, District 7