Nov. 10 Council Meeting

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Nov. 10 Council Meeting

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

Because we do not have a work session this week, I’d like to update you on where some of our zoning items stand.

Regarding the Grove, I propose we postpone Item #63 on this week’s agenda, allowing a scheduled mediation session to be held on November 19th without further Council action, and replace it with two special called meetings, Dec. 5 or 6 and Dec. 19, in case we need that time in addition to our already scheduled meetings. (Note: I will miss, possibly together with some other Members, the Dec. 1 meeting while in Mexico.)

As concerns Pilot Knob, Item #32, we anticipate posting on Wednesday a draft ordinance that would maintain the PUD zoning but give the Council and staff some period of time to study alternatives to facilitate affordable housing without prescribing one now.

As staff has indicated, other items that are anticipated to be postponed this week are:

Items 24-26 to Dec. 8 by staff
Items 40-41 to Dec. 8 by staff
Item 44 to Dec. 15 by staff
Item 45 to Dec. 15 by staff
Items 47-49 to Dec. 15 to allow for Planning Commission review
Item 50 to Dec. 15 to allow for Planning Commission review
Item 51 to Dec. 15 to allow for Planning Commission review
Item 58 to Dec. 8 by staff
Item 69 to Dec. 15 by staff

I understand there may be other items moving as well.
Mayor
Leslie Pool

Re: Nov. 10 Council Meeting

Post by Leslie Pool »

Mayor, thanks for this update. Regarding the December 5 or 6 date for the public hearing and second reading of the Grove PUD, I understand that the lead spokesman for the neighbors will be out of town on business December 6 and 7. It would be helpful if the date for this special-called meeting could be confirmed for Monday, December 5. Dates are also available for the Coalition members the following week, preferably after the Tuesday, Dec 13, runoff election.

And one additional word of appreciation for all that you and your staff are doing to wrangle the schedule - lots of moving pieces to align. I think everyone recognizes how challenging it is (and always has been) for volunteers in the community to line their work calendars up with the Council's; it's a challenge even just for the Council to find mutually available times! So, thank you!

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Steve Adler

Re: Nov. 10 Council Meeting

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

Updates on additional time certains and postponements on tomorrow's agenda:

Items #6, #43: Request for 1pm time certain (Gallo/Adler)
Item #21: Request for 11am time certain (Kitchen/Adler)

Item #12: Request for postponement from stakeholders
Item #62: Request for postponement from neighbors

See related posts regarding Pilot Knob and The Grove.
Mayor