District 10 Advocates for Parkland Superiority at the Grove

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Sheri Gallo

District 10 Advocates for Parkland Superiority at the Grove

Post by Sheri Gallo »

8/4/2016 – Update on Parkland at the Grove

Yesterday my Senior Policy Advisor Taylor Smith and I met with City Staff, President of the Shoal Creek Conservancy Ted Siff, and representatives from ARG as part of my ongoing advocacy to encourage ARG to achieve parkland superiority based on City Staff’s requirements. The meeting discussion was very productive and I feel that we are moving in the right direction. I will continue to provide updates to the Council through the message board as our work with ARG and City Staff progresses.

From the beginning, I have heard that increased parkland is one of the most important issues for all of the surrounding neighborhoods. Based on recent conversations with representatives from the Ridgelea and Oakmont Heights Neighborhood Associations and the Bull Creek Road Coalition (BCRC) and hearing their requests for additional parkland I will continue to push ARG to work with Parks and Recreation Department (PARD) staff to achieve parkland superiority based on City Staff's requirements.

Below is the list of attendees at yesterday’s meeting:
• Bert Lumbreras, Assistant City Manager
• Sara Hensley, Director, PARD
• Ricardo Soliz, Division Manager, PARD
• Randy Scott, Park Development Coordinator, PARD
• Leela Fireside, Attorney Senior, Law Department
• Ted Siff, President, Shoal Creek Conservancy
• Garrett Martin, ARG
• Jeff Howard, McLean & Howard
• Ron Thrower, Thrower Design
• Robert Deegan, Norris Design
Sheri Gallo, Council Member District 10