Austin Energy Rate Case - Meeting Dates

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Tina Cannon

Austin Energy Rate Case - Meeting Dates

Post by Tina Cannon »

Council Members and Staff,

Please mark your calendars for the Austin Energy work session deliberations and required public hearings regarding the Austin Energy rate case. The hope is that we have over-scheduled for each meeting end time and will wrap the discussions sooner than the estimated time frames below.

AEUOC Work Sessions:
• 8/8 9am to 2pm (This mtg will also include the regularly AE monthly committee business)
• 8/15 9am to 3pm
• 8/22 9am to 3pm

Council Public Hearings:
• 8/25 4pm to 10pm
• 8/29 1pm to 7pm
Senior Policy Advisor
Office of Council Member Gallo, District 10
Don Zimmerman

Re: Austin Energy Rate Case - Meeting Dates

Post by Don Zimmerman »

Thanks for the posting.

I will not be able to make the early morning hours, as I am committing more of my Monday's to meetings and work in District 6, so this conflicts with those objectives as well.

Also to repeat a point I made during the 2014 Austin 10-1 Campaign, I believe Council must move in the direction of dissolving Austin Energy. The old business model of city-owned monopoly utilities is outdated with the modern ERCOT market and other large cities (e.g. Houston, Dallas) moving to consumer choice. Council lacks the technical and business energy experience necessary to make economically sound decisions regarding complex energy source decisions and what is now highly politicized rate-making.

Again, thanks for working hard on this - as of this time, Austin Energy is the high level responsibility of Council.
Don Zimmerman
Council Member District 6 (northwest Austin)