Smart Corridor Bond Resolution

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Smart Corridor Bond Resolution

Post by Steve Adler »

Council Members:

Below is a link to a draft resolution regarding a potential November 2016 Mobility Bond. We have posted for discussion at the June 14th meeting of the Council Mobility Committee, to which the entire Council is invited to participate. The resolution currently reflects a $720 Million Bond package. We understand that there still needs to be much discussion among the Council and our community as to whether that is the right amount for a bond this year, if we are to make a meaningful investment in mobility and affordability, and the amount to be invested in the various mobility programs. I look forward to that discussion over the next few weeks.

There may be, of course, additional resolutions from the Mobility Committee and/or other Council Members, and we look forward to the discussion as we all try to see if we can move to a consensus.

We also intend to have the item posted for the council meeting on the 16th to allow for council discussion at that week’s work session and to take public testimony at the Council meeting. However, we do not presently expect Council to take action on this resolution on the 16th. We believe we should postpone action until the 23rd to allow council to discuss the issue further in another work session, and to potentially allow for more public testimony on the 23rd.

Draft resolution: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 124030.pdf

s
Mayor
Greg Casar

Re: Smart Corridor Bond Resolution

Post by Greg Casar »

Mayor Adler & colleagues,

Thank you so much to the Mayor for his work on the mobility bond proposal. I am proud to be a cosponsor on this item.

As some of you may know, Council Member Pool and I hosted a press conference today to lay out some amendments we’d like to offer to the Mayor’s proposal. For those who didn’t attend the press conference, you can view a summary of our proposal at the following link: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 124846.pdf

Thank you,
Greg
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4