June Mobility Committee Meeting

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Donna Tiemann

June Mobility Committee Meeting

Post by Donna Tiemann »

Hello all,

Some of our key staff and the Mayor will be called away to D.C. for the Smart City effort on June 8th. Subsequently, the June 8th Mobility Committee Meeting is being rescheduled to June 14th from 2-5pm in Council Chambers. June 14th is a Council Work Session day.

Additionally, the Council's June 1st final Budget Work Session is being targeted to prepare Council and Committee for the proposed 2016 Mobility Talks discussion, which will include discussion of the potential for a bond package in 2016 or 2017 (projects and available funding).

The June 14th Mobility Committee Meeting will be structured to continue that discussion and will include the opportunity for public comment.

Mayor and Council Members, as well as the public are all encouraged to attend. We hope that as many Council Members as possible will attend this important Mobility Committee meeting and take part in the discussion with the public about next major transportation projects and funding options.
Chief of Staff
Office of Council Member Ann Kitchen, District 5
Ann Kitchen

Re: June Mobility Committee Meeting

Post by Ann Kitchen »

All

Now that MobilityTalks results have been provided, I wanted to remind everyone of the next steps in the process the Council laid out earlier in the year for consideration of the next major transportation projects and funding options. I also wanted to respond to questions I received and avoid any confusion about the process.

June 1st - ATD staff will provide a briefing to include options for funding and identifying major transportation projects, including the potential for a 2016 bond, and MobilityTalks highlights.

June 14th, 3pm - Mobility Committee meeting. Committee will hear public testimony on the options laid out by ATD, discuss options, and may make a recommendation and/or send item to full Council. The Council is invited to participate.

June 16th and/or June 23rd, City Council meetings - The Council may take up options at one or both of these meetings.

I want to thank everyone who participated in the MobilityTalks process (members of the public, Councilmembers, COA staff), completing the survey, attending district and Conversation Corps meetings, commenting on SpeakUp!, etc.

I also want to encourage the public to participate in the June 14th Mobility Committee meeting as well as the Council Meetings on the 16th and/or the 23rd.

As we think through the next steps, decide what to fund, when and how - public conversation must guide our actions. As well, the most effective use of limited funding to benefit all in Austin, balance in ensuring transportation options for the future, and impact on equity and affordability will be key.

Best Regards

Ann Kitchen
Mobility Committee Chair
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5