TNC Ordinance Timeline for January

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Ann Kitchen

TNC Ordinance Timeline for January

Post by Ann Kitchen »

All

In an effort to ensure adequate time for all Councilmembers to review and discuss the next stage of TNC proposed provisions (for example, the incentives discussed on Dec 17th), as a follow-up to the ordinance passed on December 17th, I have confirmed the following process approach and timeline with Mayor Adler:

Prior to January 22nd - posting on Message Board of any proposals from Mayor / Councilmembers
January 22nd - Posting of agenda item language (staff language and/or Mayor / CMs) with January 28th agenda
January 26th - Worksession discussion of sufficient duration to allow CMs the time to review, understand, discuss the language of proposals
January 28th - TNC agenda items

The Council will also need to determine, at the Worksession, the approach to public input at the January 28th meeting.

I'm posting this timeline now, in order to provide information about proposed processes and to help avoid late language changes that do not allow CMs the time to adequately review.

THANK YOU
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Don Zimmerman

Re: TNC Ordinance Timeline for January

Post by Don Zimmerman »

Dear CM Kitchen --

From the earlier posting...
"Prior to January 22nd - posting on Message Board of any proposals from Mayor / Councilmembers
January 22nd - Posting of agenda item language (staff language and/or Mayor / CMs) with January 28th agenda"

I have not noticed a recent posting on this topic; will we see something today (22-Jan-16) regarding TNC ordinance intentions? Or, is this all postponed owing to the TNC petition drive?

Thanks,
Don
Don Zimmerman
Council Member District 6 (northwest Austin)