Creation of Office of Performance Management

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Creation of Office of Performance Management

Post by Steve Adler »

Council Members,

Regarding the memo issued today by the City Manager concerning the Office of Performance Management, I wish to thank him and his staff for their efforts in response to Council's direction to initiate a "Sunset Review" process for City departments and programs. I have discussed the implementation of this concept with the Manager at length, and I believe there are approaches different from what has been proposed by the Manager that the Council should consider. Our office will post our ideas for implementation of this function within the next several days, and I plan to add a discussion item on this topic on the Council's December 15th Work Session agenda so that we can have a robust discussion on the approach(es) the Council wishes to pursue.

s
Mayor
Ellen Troxclair

Re: Creation of Office of Performance Management

Post by Ellen Troxclair »

Mayor,

Thank you for broaching the topic and for your work on this issue. I share your interest in the idea of a sunset review process and look forward to hearing your thoughts on implementation during our upcoming work session.

Thank you,
Ellen Troxclair
Ellen Troxclair
Council Member District 8
Steve Adler

Re: Creation of Office of Performance Management

Post by Steve Adler »

Council Members,

Below is a link to a document outlining issues I believe the Council should consider regarding the Manager's creation the Office of Performance Management, to be discussed at our 12/15 work session.

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 053735.pdf

I look forward to discussing this important topic at our upcoming Tuesday work session.
Mayor