District Websites

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Tina Cannon

District Websites

Post by Tina Cannon »

Mayor, Council Members and Staff,

I wanted to bring to you attention a special administrative project that CM Gallo’s office is interested in pursuing and gauge interest from each of you as to the level of your interest as well. Our office is interested in pursuing a richer District specific website. As such, we met with Doug Matthews to discuss general concepts and feature specification ideas. Doug and his team are eager to assist and requested that our office organize a SPoC (single point of contact) from each office to sit in on the design and feature meeting that we will set in the coming days.

The general idea for the deeper, richer user experience is to allow for each district to have information for constituents to learn more, add calendaring for local events, ask about and express interest to serve on B&C’s, Taskforces and other more specific local volunteer opportunities and to manage constituent relations in a more centralized fashion with relationship management software.

Some features we have suggested include:
• Community calendar (City items, volunteer opportunities, community level events, neighborhood meetings, etc)
• B&C/Taskforce interest link w/ a constituent fill in form
• Volunteer opportunities in district
• Constituent Relations Management tool/software
• Opportunity for constituents to express thoughts on upcoming agenda items
• District general demo information
• Deeper contact information (“abc” policy aide covers “xyz” area to streamline engagement)

This is a working draft of initial feature concepts. We are inviting all CM offices to the table with your thoughts, ideas, etc. Each office should appoint one SPoC and I will then organize a meeting with Doug and his team to start the conceptual discussions. From there, his team can then regroup and determine what is feasible and in what versioning each agreed upon feature is possible along with any budgetary implications for additional software if needed.

The ask: I need for each office to reply back with who your SPoC will be for this project by next Friday or sooner, assuming your district wants to participate.

Regards,

Tina Cannon
Policy Aide – CM Gallo District 10

CITY HALL
City of Austin | City Council Staff – District 10
301 W 2nd Street | Room 2136 | Austin TX | 78701
Tel | 512.978.2110
Senior Policy Advisor
Office of Council Member Gallo, District 10
Ann Kitchen

Re: District Websites

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Tina

We would be interested; Our point of contact will be Kelan Robinson.

Thanks for pursuing and sharing with us!
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Don Zimmerman

Post by Don Zimmerman »

Interesting idea, but I'm not generally in favor of it at this time.

Such an integrated IT system can be very expensive, and it appears to me we have software tools adequate to do the job we have just started.

After 12 months on the job, my opinion of this could change, but right now I would oppose this because we already have decent IT tools for our job, for as much as we understand the job.

Thanks,
Don
P.S. I have decades of engineering experience specifying, designing, procuring, implementing, testing, and fixing both large and small IT projects.
Don Zimmerman
Council Member District 6 (northwest Austin)
Tina Cannon

Post by Tina Cannon »

Thanks folks, we now have a point person from 9 of 10 Council offices and the Mayor's office. I will update everyone of the date/time/location of the planning meeting with city staff very soon.

Regards,

Tina Cannon
Policy Aide – CM Gallo District 10
CITY HALL
City of Austin | City Council Staff – District 10
301 W 2nd Street | Room 2136 | Austin TX | 78701
Tel | 512.978.2110
Senior Policy Advisor
Office of Council Member Gallo, District 10