10/22 Special-Called Meeting

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

10/22 Special-Called Meeting

Post by Steve Adler »

Council Members,

I have requested a special-called Council meeting for this Thursday in order to provide an additional opportunity for our offices make Board and Commission appointments. Since we have a gap of three weeks between Council meetings, plus the additional time required for the City Clerk to train and authorize the appointees to begin their term of service, it is critical we direct some focus to completing our appointments. There are still significant gaps on important boards such as the Flood Mitigation Task Force and the Land Development Code Advisory Group, so I encourage us all to take this opportunity to put forward nominations for remaining board and commission vacancies.

I expect to convene the special-called meeting at 9 AM, take up the appointment item quickly, and then recess, if necessary, until after the Austin Energy Council Committee has completed its business. If the Parks and Recreation item on the special-called meeting agenda is not approved on consent, then any discussion on that item would take place after the AE Committee meeting.
Mayor