Proposed Council Schedule for winter holidays

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Leslie Pool

Proposed Council Schedule for winter holidays

Post by Leslie Pool »

All, at our work session this morning I offered a schedule of meetings for us to consider for November, December and the new year. Traditionally, work tapers down during the holiday season to allow all COA employees to spend well-deserved time with their family and friends. I propose the following:

Thanksgiving Holiday, November 2015
No work session Nov 24 - the fourth week of November in advance of Thanksgiving. Thursday and Friday, Nov 26 and 27, are official COA holidays. The Open Space Committee will meet on Nov 18, moving a week earlier.

Winter Holidays, December 2015-January 2016
No work sessions or Council meetings starting Friday, December 18, through Friday, January 8, 2016. The reason I am suggesting no meetings the week of January 4 is to give Council and all staff a week to prepare for work sessions and Council meetings on January 12 and 14, 2016. The Open Space Committee's December meeting (Dec 25) is cancelled.

Thanks for your consideration.

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Leslie Pool

Re: Proposed Council Schedule for winter holidays

Post by Leslie Pool »

As an update, and to give everyone plenty of advance notice, I'm advised the Council typically does not have Council meetings until the third week in January. A draft 2016 calendar is in the works for Council to consider on October 15 that shows our first work session on Jan 26 and first Council meeting on Jan 28. That tracks with how our first meetings began last January.

My thanks to Robert Goode and Catie Powers for this additional info.

Cheers, all!
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7