Legislative Update

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Ellen Troxclair

Legislative Update

Post by Ellen Troxclair »

I wanted to let everyone know that I talked with the city staff about providing us with a legislative update at the next Council work session on March 24th, and possibly in executive session if necessary. They will also be sending us a copy of the agenda before then. Because the positions were adopted by the previous Council, I thought it would be good for us to have the opportunity to review the issues and get an update on the things that are happening at the Capitol that might affect Austin. If you have any specific questions in advance, feel free to post them here. Thank you to the staff for accomodating this request!
Ellen Troxclair
Council Member District 8
Ann Kitchen

Re: Legislative Update

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Thank you CM Troxclair!

Definitely timely. I'd like to ask that a copy of our Legislative Agenda be sent to everyone prior to the Worksession so we can have some time to review it.
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Don Zimmerman

Re: Legislative Update

Post by Don Zimmerman »

Thanks CM Troxclair --
Just FYI, please note that our office worked for weeks on draft legislation to modify TDHCA scoring participants. There is another CMB posting specifically on this top; the bill is SB-1719.
Don Zimmerman
Council Member District 6 (northwest Austin)