Creative Space Bonds

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Ann Kitchen

Creative Space Bonds

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Hello all,

I wanted to check in with our offices to understand if you all have been working with the arts and music community about allocation of the $12 million creative spaces bond funds. I would be very interested in helping connect groups who have reached out to help facilitate that work. Please let me know how we can best help make those connections.

Ann
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Steve Adler

Re: Creative Space Bonds

Post by Steve Adler »

Thank you for opening this conversation. I am incredibly proud of the enthusiasm within the community for arts funding in the bond this past fall and that you led on. Investing in our City’s creative spaces has been a goal of mine as was included in the Music and Creative Ecosystem Omnibus Resolution in 2016. I would be very interested to work with you and any of our colleagues on this important investment in Austin’s creative community.

In addition to any projects being developed by City staff or Council, my understanding is that the Arts and Music Commissions currently have a joint working group that is soliciting input and will be recommending ideas to the City Council this spring. I look forward to the full Council considering all of these options so that we can include this funding in the bond appropriations as a part of the budget process this coming summer.

Again, I am excited to see the proposals that will come forward this cycle and I look forward to this becoming a repeatable process for bond programs in our future.
Mayor