Item 10 - 2019 Council Calendar

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Marti Bier

Item 10 - 2019 Council Calendar

Post by Marti Bier »

Posting on behalf of Council Member Flannigan:

As discussed at Tuesday Council Worksession, I'd like to propose a few changes to the 2019 draft Council Calendar for your consideration. These include the changes I discussed at worksession regarding the January and February schedule, however I also heard a desire to include additional meetings in the latter part of the year, so have included an additional meeting date in December. This proposal includes the same number of meetings originally proposed in the staff draft. The changes are as follows, and the calendar is attached here: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 154512.pdf

1. Remove the January 29th Work Session and the January 31st Council Meeting
2. Change the February 12th Work Session and the February 14th Council Meeting to a February 5th Work Session and a February 7th Council Meeting
3. Change the February 26th Work Session and the February 28th Council Meeting to a February 19th Work Session and a February 21st Council Meeting
4. Add a December 17th Work Session and a December 19th Council Meeting

This calendar proposal will allow additional time for new Council offices to prepare and submit IFCs for their first meeting, as well as keep us on our 2-week schedule.

Thank you,
Jimmy
Chief of Staff
Office of Council Member Flannigan, District 6