RE: Consensus Goals for a Successful New Land Development Co

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

RE: Consensus Goals for a Successful New Land Development Co

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

Attached is a revised version of the Key Goals for a Successful New Land Development Code document (http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 072354.pdf) which attempts to capture the changes on which the Council expressed some consensus during our recent worksession, including removal of items on which the Council has not yet found consensus or needed further clarification. Please let us know if we have missed any changes.

Although working through this document together took longer than anticipated, I join in the sentiments expressed Tuesday by several Council members regarding the value of exploring just how much consensus exists on the goals for our new land development code. As I re-read the document’s preamble and specific goal statements, it is clear to me that, at a high level, the Council (and perhaps the community) agrees on much more than might be evident. Of course, there is still much more for us to deliberate upon related to the details of how a new land development code should achieve these goals. However, I am heartened by the belief that we are starting from a place of general agreement on the outcomes we seek for Austin. I look forward to continuing our conversation next week.

-s
Mayor