Dates for Council's CodeNEXT public hearings

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Leslie Pool

Dates for Council's CodeNEXT public hearings

Post by Leslie Pool »

Colleagues, last week Planning & Zoning staff checked with Council offices to advise that dates for Council's two CodeNEXT public hearings were being tentatively set for May 30 and 31, 2018. What wasn't evident at the time this was done was that graduation ceremonies for numerous area high schools are set on those two days, making for some challenging choices for families who want to weigh in on CodeNEXT at the public hearings.

To remedy this, I suggest pushing one of the two May dates into the next week. Without checking everyone's calendars and availability at this time, I do note that we don't have a Council meeting the first week of June, so it may be possible to hold the second public hearing on one of these days: June 5, 6, or 7.

Formal action to set the public hearing will be at our next meeting on March 22.
Here's the link to the item :: http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=294687

Regards,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Jimmy Flannigan

Re: Dates for Council's CodeNEXT public hearings

Post by Jimmy Flannigan »

Seeing that AISD's last day of classes is May 30th, it might make more sense to address this concern by moving one of the hearings *earlier* rather than later and avoid pushing into summer vacation time. But ultimately I think it's hard to find a perfect date and am happy sticking with the proposed timeline.
Jimmy Flannigan
Council Member, District 6