Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
We’ve all been awaiting next steps since our City Council workshop on strategic priorities that began in January and are eager to continue our work. After working with the City Manager to find an appropriate date, we’d like to propose April 5, 2017 for the continuation of our strategic planning conversation and to build on the Council’s work around strategic outcomes.
The proposed workshop objectives include:
• Review and confirm six Strategic Outcomes and Indicators
• Presentation of and feedback on draft roadmap to build strategic plan
• Clarify opportunities for aligning governance with Council’s outcomes
• Next steps
This would replace the currently scheduled Council budget work session on April 5. A workshop agenda will be forthcoming after consultation this month with Council offices.
Please hold 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Wednesday April 5 for this important meeting.
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 pm
My thoughts on the Strategic Planning Session:
- I think it would be important to lay out a timeline that gets us to metrics that we can use for this year's budget cycle - at least for some of the key outcomes/indicators. One of our primary purposes for this planning is to align our budget process with the city's goals in a way that is transparent and helps us focus on results. My thought is that waiting for next year's budget cycle is too long.
- I am thinking it would also be helpful for us to have the crosswalk between current activity centers and the goals that the staff mentioned performing at the last strategic plan meeting. This would be helpful in understanding hour our existing programs support the city goals.
I look forward to our discussions. And thank you to our City Manager and staff for their work on pulling this together.
City Council D5
Council Member District 5
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:04 pm
Return to City of Austin Council Message Board
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests